What tanglad (Lemongrass) can do to ones body when they eat it! Must Learn!
Tanglad or also known as Lemongrass is often used as a flavouring agent in the Asian cuisines. It can be dried, powdered or even uses fresh. Nevertheless, besides being used as a spice, lemongrass has become a great source of Vitamins A and C, folate, folic acid, magnesium, copper, potassium, iron, phosphorus and manganese.
Tanglad has been traditionally utilized in folkloric herbal medicine to cure several numbers of medical conditions such as rheumatism, fever, acne, anxiety and a lot more.
Top 5 Health Benefits of Lemongrass
- Helps in digestion
It contains antiseptic compounds that can effectively kill all the bad bacteria as well as parasites in the digestive tract.
- Controls Cholesterol Levels
The anti-atherosclerosis and anti-cholesterol works of lemongrass can help in lessening the absorption of cholesterol from the intestines.
- Cleanses and Detoxifies
Consistent consumption of lemongrass tea can help in cleansing and detoxifying your body. It contains diuretic nature that can help in getting rid of the toxins, uric acid, and bad cholesterol from the body simply boosting the occurrence and amount of your urination.
- Heals Colds and Flu
Lemongrass contains antibacterial and antifungal properties that can help your body in getting rid of coughs, fever and other cold and flu symptoms. Additionally, it is packed with Vitamin C that can make your immune system stronger in order to fight these infections.
- Fights Cancer
Based on the research that was conducted at Ben Gurion University that is located in Israel, lemongrass tea has the ability to fight against cancer. A component that was called as citral can be found in lemongrass which causes apoptosis that can make the cancer cells commit suicide without even damaging the healthy cells.
LEMON GRASS JUICE RECIPE
- 6 large stalks of fresh lemongrass
- 6 tablespoons of sugar
- 8 cups of water
- Pandan leaves for added flavour (optional)
- Wash the lemongrass properly.
- Cut the lemongrass into quarter length and pound the white part.
- Get a pot and boil the water in it with the lemongrass.
- Lower the heat and seethe for about 15 minutes.
- Turn off the fire and leave it for a couple of minutes.
- Strain it.
- Heat the sugar and 3 tablespoons of water until the sugar completely dissolve.
- Add the Pandan leaves if you like it better. Leave it to cool down.
- Fill a glass with ice and add the lemongrass juice in it.
Furthermore, lemongrass is also widely known to be an effective and great pain killer. It provides great relief against several numbers of pains including toothache, joint pain as well as muscle pain.
Here are the other health benefits in consuming lemongrass juice:
- Helps in menstrual disorder
- Helps in preventing colon cancer
- Helps in lessening fever
- Effective remedy for both cough and fever
- Soothes rheumatism and arthritis
- Relieves nausea
- Help enhance immune system
- Help decrease cellulite