Try Mint Leaves for Acne and Acne Scars!
Oh my god! It’s acne! Why me! Many of us get Goosebumps the moment we see the little bumps called ‘acne’ on our face. The trouble is not only acne, but also the permanent scar/blemish it leaves behind on our skin. We try different techniques to combat, like for instance, some people squeeze out the pimple to get rid of it quickly but as it leaves a permanent scar, some just use concealers to veil the tiny spots.
Well, there are many solutions to this skin problem but the natural herbal remedies would be a better treatment choice for multitude of reasons. Among various effective natural remedies which you can find here, Mint Leaves act as a great healer for pimples/acne. Its external application helps to fade away the acne scars and internal intake purifies the blood and reduces acne re-occurrence. Let us understand about the properties of mint leaves, their uses to the skin & some tips that set your acne blues asides.
Benefits of mint leaves on acne:
- Mint has anti acne element which dries up the acne & cleans up the pores.
- External application of crushed mint leaves can lighten the acne scar/blemish.
- The vitamin A element helps in controlling the excessive oil that the skin produces which results in acne.
- Can tone up the skin & remove the blackheads instantly.
- It has an antioxidant property which keeps the skin soft & supple.
- Mint leaves helps in fighting against various bacterial infections including acne as it is also formed due to bacteria.
- Consumption of mint purifies the blood which in turn removes impurities such as pimples /acne.
Tips to use mint leaves for acne and acne scars:
- Get some mint leaves & blend them on a blender & store it in a small plastic container & refrigerate. Now take ear bud/q-tips and apply on the affected areas, wait for 20 minutes and wash off with cold water. Use this technique twice a week to bring down on the acne scars.
- Mix oats and mint juice together & scrub it all over face to exfoliate the dead tissues of the skin. This application leaves the skin moisturized and eradicates the pimple marks from the skin.
- Take ½ cucumber, 1 tsp milk powder, 1 tsp yogurt & 1 tbsp finally chopped mint leaves; blend it in a blender to form a paste. Apply all over face and neck & wash off after 15-20 minutes for a flawless complexion.
- To scrub off the dead skin & tone up, put ½ cucumber, ½ lemon juice, ½ egg white, ½ apple juice and blend it on a blender for a smooth paste. Apply it on the face and neck & rinse off after 15-20 minutes in cold water.
- A clay & mint mask proves excellent for the oily skin as it removes the excess oil generation from the skin. Just mix 2 tsp any clay powder of your choice & 1 tsp of finely chopped fresh mint leaves along with water. Apply it all over the face, neck & wash off after 15 minutes.
…some more tips:
- For oily skin: Add rose water to the tsp of mint paste and a tsp of clay (Multani miti) or gram flour & mix well to form a paste. Use this pack daily to control the excess oil on the skin.
- For dry skin: Take a tsp of mint leaves and add few drops of honey & apply this mixture all over face and neck to remove blemishes and scars.
- For normal skin: Apply mint paste on the acne scars and leave it overnight. Rinse off early morning.