These are the 9 habits that every girl should stop doing during their period! Must read #5!
All girls hate it when that particular red day arrives every month. It’s uncomfortable and dozens of things happen to us, like hot flashes and intense, unnecessary cravings as well as a thousand other irritating things too small to mention. So how do you make the day–or the week, rather–bearable?
Others say to drink tea, avoid intense physical activities, and apply warm compress in areas with intense pain. But did you know that there also things you must avoid if you really want a hassle-free period?
1. If you’re wearing the same pad for the whole day, it can cause vaginal infections and produce a bad odor. Change your pad in every 3-5 hours, whether you’re bleeding heavily or low.
2. Avoid giving more pain to your body. You’re already experiencing menstrual pain, so avoid doing things that can give more pain like waxing or planning a root canal.
3. If you’re having unprotected sex during periods, there are high chances of getting infections. Therefore, avoid sexual intercourse during periods.
4. Doing rigorous exercises during periods will harm your body and give strain to the body.
5. You’re already losing a lot of energy and blood from your body. Therefore, it is not advisable to skip meals during periods. You should take three proper meals along with some snacks in between.
6. If you get cravings for food in the middle of the night, avoid that as it is not good for the body and also your body will not be able to digest all the greasy food that gets in.
7. Though the menstrual cramps make it difficult for girls to sleep at night but it is recommended to have a good night’s sleep and relax your body because of the strain that you’ve experienced whole day.
8. Avoid consuming milk products as it can worsen the menstrual cramps because they contain an element called arachidonic acid.
9. Avoid involving yourself in depressing activities like watching distressing movies and listening to sad songs as it may affect the psychological health of any women.