How to fix pigmented lips?
Every girl wishes for Soft pink lips but not everyone of us is blessed with naturally pink colored lips. Some of us are born with dark colored lips and some ofsus suffer from lip-pigmentation due to various hormonal and environmental changes. Dark pigmented, black, two-colored lips can be a reason of embarrassment for many girls. But the good thing is that the lip pigmentation can be treated and lightened using some easy home remedies. Here are some effective ways to treat pigmented lips naturally.
1. Honey and Lemon
Take two tablespoon of lemon juice and mix it with one tablespoon of honey and store it in a container. Keep applying this mixture on your lips 2-3 times a day. You can also apply it before going to bed and let it stay overnight for effective results. If refrigerated one batch of this mixture can be used for 10-12 days. Lemon juice will lighten your lips whereas honey will keep them hydrated.
2. Turmeric and Milk Cream
Turmeric is a great lip-exfoliating product available in the kitchen. It removes dead skin from lips and helps in reducing the lip pigmentation to a great extent. So, just take pinch of turmeric in 4-5 drops of milk cream. Mix both properly and apply it on your lips. If possible, use this at night before going to bed and let it stay overnight or for as long as you can. This scrub will not only reduce dark lips but will also repair dry chapped lips.
3. Almond and Castor oil
Castor oil, an effective skin pigmentation remedy, also works effectively to treat lip pigmentation and dis-coloration. On the other side, almond oil, enriched with the goodness of vitamin E, is great skin moisturizer and helps fade the skin pigmentation and other impurities. So to cure pigmented lips, mix equal quantity of both of these oils and leave them overnight as a heavy layer. It will remove the dead cells and will reduce lip pigmentation to a great extent. Repeat it for 15-20 days to see effective results. You’ll wake up with smooth soft petal like lips. If you cannot bear the fragrance of castor oil then you at least keep it for 30 minutes and then rinse it off.
4. Mint Juice and Rose water
Take few mint leaves, put them in grinder and grind the leaves with some rosewater. Store this in an empty container. Keep applying this mixture 2-3 times a day and repeat the same for next 15 days. You will notice that your lips are turning pink with regular use and the pigmented areas are fading away. Mint juice is also known for reducing acne scars. You can read more of its benefits here: mint leaves for acne.
Some Quick Tips
- Keep applying lip balm with SPF whenever you are out in sun exposure.
- If your lip balm doesn’t have SPF then use sunscreen lotion on your lips and top it with balm.
- Always use lip balm before applying lipstick because regularly using lip-products can also make lips appear darker.
- Say no to smoking and drink less coffee.
- Scrub your lips at least once-twice a week to get rid of the dead upper layer and for proper blood circulation.
- Don’t suck, lick or bite your lips.
- Eat healthy because sometimes the lip-discoloration can be due to vitamin deficiency.
- Before sleeping, remove last traces of lipstick with the help of makeup remover.
- Drink a plenty of water and keep your body hydrated.