How to Deal with Unwanted Facial Hair?
It is a universal fact that women take special care when it comes to their looks and beauty. Especially when they have unwanted hair on face, they try every different method from threading to bleaching, to get rid of those unsightly facial hair. Though there are several ways to deal with this problem, removing temporary to get rid of them permanently, do you know these excessive facial hair can be removed by simple home remedies? Yes it takes time but there are some kitchen ingredients and home remedies that can help you stop the growth of excessive facial hair and remove them with time.
Causes of excessive facial hair
Many factors contribute to the growth of excess hair on face but it is mainly due to presence of excess androgens (male hormone) in females. In medical terms, this condition is called “Hirsutism”.
Women going through medication for hormonal imbalance, menstrual disorders and birth control pills also known to suffer from unwanted hair on face. Extra androgens from medications like birth control pills, steroids and other medicines used for the treatment of seizures, migraine, and headaches also simulate the hair follicles which results in hair growth.
Besides these, there could be some more reasons for excessive facial hair in women, like:
- Adrenal gland tumor
- Ovarian cancer
- Cushing Syndrome
- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia
What are some popular ways to deal with excessive facial hair?
Though there are many options available in market for unwanted hair removal, they all have some pros and cons which is to be taken care of.
This is the simplest and easiest method which can be done in low cost. Hair is uprooted from hair follicle completely. But it is ongoing process and should be done in regular intervals. Waxing even some times causes allergies and other infections. It also causes premature skin ageing.
Most of us are familiar with threading, it is a simple technique which requires no chemicals and is safe for both sensitive and dry skins. It is irresistible and we seriously want to shout and walk away from salon due to pain caused by threading. Sometimes it leaves skin red causing little swelling. As hair is expelled superficially, it grows back in speed and need to check it frequently.
This only lightens the hair which makes them invisible. Many bleaching creams are available in market to make skin glow and radiant. Some natural bleaches include lemon, tomato, etc. which lightens skin naturally. Skin experts suggest that skin on face is very sensitive and highly, prone to damage as it is exposed more to sunlight.
Hair Removal creams
Numbers of creams are available in market with different brands. It is simple and painless method which gives result immediately. This method works when there is no time to visit parlour and for short-term effect.
Though these methods are temporary and hair grows back within a short time, some women look forward for permanent solution for hair removal. Here are some popular ways to remove facial hair permanently.
It is the permanent solution for unwanted hair on face. This method helps to burn the hair from the root of the follicle applying measured current. It is quite expensive and requires regular sessions for complete hair removal.
Laser hair removal
Doctors use high energy laser rays to burn the hair roots under expert supervision. This method completely eradicates hair from its roots preventing its further growth. Though in some cases if regrowth occurs, the hair is comparatively less in number and lighter in color. It is most effective and popular method for facial hair removal though it’s quite expensive.
Natural home remedies for excessive facial hair
If you worry about the side effects involving in salon based methods, don’t worry!!! We have some home remedies to remove unwanted facial hair easily and effectively at home. These methods are natural and requires less cost, no harsh chemicals and painless but they relatively take prolonged time for visible effect and thus need patience!
1. Simple Homemade Sugar Wax
This is one of the simplest methods to get rid of unwanted facial hair and makes face smooth and supple. Sugar helps in exfoliation of skin and helps in removal of facial hair. We can also add lemon juice which acts as natural bleaching agent which lightens hair.
Procedure: Take two teaspoons of granulated sugar and mix it with one spoon of honey and water. Honey acts as antimicrobial and helps in rejuvenating the face. Heat the mixture on stove for about one minute until it start bubbling and turns into brown. With the help of spatula, apply this on face and then strip it of with cloth in opposite direction of hair.
2. Papaya treatment to get rid of facial hair
Papaya is available easily in market. Papaya contains an enzyme “Papain” which aids in breaking the hair follicle thus removing the unwanted hair from face. This fruit also helps in natural exfoliation and give good texture to the face. Papaya can be used in different methods.
- Mix Raw papaya paste of about 2 tablespoons is mixed with half teaspoon of turmeric. Apply this paste on face and allow it to dry for 20 min. then rinse off with cool water.
- Take 1/4th spoon of papaya paste, turmeric powder and gram flour. Mix them with aloe vera gel and mustard oil of about 2 spoons each. Apply this suspension on face and leave it for 15 minutes. Then wash with cool water. Repeat the procedure twice a week for good and visible results.
3. Turmeric to get rid of facial hair
From generations turmeric is used in many skin repairing and rejuvenating therapies. In addition to antibacterial and inflammatory properties with respect to curcumin present in it, turmeric also helps in retarding hair growth.
- Mix turmeric power and milk to get thick paste. Apply this on face and allow to rest for 20 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water.
4. Chickpea flour
It is the most common ingredient which we can get from kitchen and will be used in various dishes. Gram flour acts as mild exfoliator which supports hair removal. From ages chick pea flour or gram flour is used by our grandmothers and mothers for bathing infants for its exfoliating and skin rejuvenating properties. Chickpea flour makes skin soft and hair free.
- Chick pea of about half bowl is mixed with milk, turmeric powder and fresh cream to form smooth paste. Gently apply this paste on face evenly and allow to dry for 30 minutes. Then rinse with water.
5. Spearmint Tea
Androgens contribute to excess hair growth on face. In such cases Spearmint controls and regulates the levels of androgens and control hair growth.
- Boil a cup of water in a bowl and add handful of fresh or dried spearmint leaves to it. Cover it with lid and allow to steep for 10 minutes. Strain and drink the tea. Studies show that drinking spearmint tea twice daily will control the hair growth.
6. Potatoes and lentils mask for unwanted hair removal
Potatoes act as natural bleaching agent. Potatoes when mixed with yellow lentils paste removes hair from face. Potatoes lighten the color of hair and lentils helps in pulling hairoff.
- Soak yellow lentils overnight and grind it to paste. Now peel and mash the potatoes. Strain the pulp to extract its juice. Add honey and Lemon juice to the Potato extract and Lentils paste. Apply this paste on face and allow it to dry for 20 minutes. Wash the face by gently rubbing with fingers. Dry lentil paste helps in pulling of hair from face.
7. Banana and oatmeal scrub to get rid of facial hair
Banana is used in many skin treatments as it helps in making skin supple and soft. Banana along with oatmeal helps in skin exfoliation. Oatmeal serves as both exfoliator and cleanser for face.
- Take one ripe banana and mash it to smooth paste. Now add oatmeal to it. Apply this paste on face and massage in circular motion for its effective absorption into skin. Continue it for 15 minutes and then wash with water.
To get rid of those unsightly facial hair, just put a little extra effort and follow these simple remedies to get smooth and hairless face. Proper diet is also important for flawless radiant skin. Stay Beautiful!