Cabbage’s amazing benefits: Fights fats, cancer and heart disease.
Cabbage is a not so popular vegetable if we take it into consideration. When we hear it, the only thing we associate it to is usually coleslaw or Cabbage juice. Nothing very special as been linked with cabbage asides from its popular use as an all-around vegetable. But little did we know that it actually has its own spotlight when it comes to cancer research! Cabbage is rich in the chemical called Sinigrin which is the sulphur containing substance in cabbage and is the one being research thoroughly for its anti-carcinogenic property. Asides from it, there are a handful of benefits that we can get from cabbage especially when it has been turned into Cabbage juice.
Recipe for cabbage juice:
- Boil the water in a small pot for 30 minutes.
- Put the chopped cabbage and the water into a blender.
- Blend the cabbage and water together at low speed.
- Blend the mixture on high for 10 seconds.
- Pour the mixture into a 1-quart (1 liter) jar.
- Tightly seal the jar with plastic wrap.
- Allow the cabbage mixture to sit undisturbed at room temperature.
- Let the cabbage mixture sit for 3 full days or 72 hours.
- Place a mesh strainer over a clean, empty jar.
- Pour the pulpy liquid through the strainer and into the second jar.
Cabbage juice may be a little not so well known but another thing not known about it is its huge beneficial factors. Here are some of the following:
Improves digestion. With all of the fiber content of Cabbage juice, you can get your daily dose of it in a single meal. Fiber helps your stool to properly move in your digestive system and swiftly g o out with ease.
Strengthens immune system.
- Cabbage juice is rich in amino acids, vitamins and minerals. Daily consumption of Cabbage juice is highly beneficial and will definitely help you recover especially when you had just recently encountered an infection.
Strengthens the bones.
- The minerals contained in Cabbage juice is sure to make your bones stronger than they already are.
Helps fight cancer.
- Cabbage juice is rich in anti oxidants that are ready to combat carcinogenic chemicals that try to invade your system.
- The contents of Cabbage juice is proved to facilitate vasoconstriction that will aid in reducing inflammation.
Improves cardiac health.
- The fiber concentration in Cabbage juice is healthy for the heart. It helps in facilitating the cholesterol that our arteries receive.
Not only that, the vitamin A in this super-food is sure to give you improved vision and clear skin.