Benefits of Coconut Oil for Nails
Nails have always been a paramount aspect of women’s beauty and they leaves no stone unturned to protect and beautify their nails. However improper diet, harsh environmental conditions and daily chores steals the natural shine out of it. Made up of keratin, nails have higher water content which makes them soft and flexible, but a little shortage of water content turns them to rough, dry brittle nails. Coconut Oil is the element that can lock the water of the nail and prevent it from any breakage. It besides hair also protects the nails from any fungus, moisturizes & strengthens the nails and cuticles.
Let us find out details on how the coconut oil helps up to nourish the hands and nails.
Benefits of Coconut Oil for Nails & Cuticles:
- Coconut Oil for Nail Fungus: The lauric acid in coconut oil acts like an anti viral element that helps to kill the nails fungus, bacteria and various viruses around nails. Its easy absorption & deep penetration inside the nails helps to remove the discoloration, nail ridges, odor, pain and the infection. Apply daily in night before going to bed to eradicate the infection and prevent any re-occurrence.
- Coconut Oil for Nail Growth: Rubbing coconut oil regularly over the nails helps in faster growth of nails.
- Coconut Oil Prevents Hangnail: A bad manicure or frequent exposure to the water can cause hangnail. Hangnail, a small extra bit of skin that emerges from the cuticles of the nails. Hangnail can cause the bacteria or fungus to enter from the small skin opening and spread infection. Massaging the cuticles regularly with coconut oil prevents hangnail & thus strengthens the cuticle region of the nails.
- Coconut Oil Cures The Ridges: Lack of moisture around nails can cause the nails of fingers and toes to have ridges. The microbial properties of coconut oil help to get rid of the ridges.
Tips to Use Coconut oil on Nails
- To Treat Nail Fungus: Take 5 part of coconut oil and 1 part of oregano to make a paste. Wash and dry the infected part of the nails. Massage the mixture over the nails especially around cuticles and nails. Let the paste stay on the nails for sometime & then rinse off. The above technique can be used twice a week for 4 weeks.
- For Immediate Recovery from Fungus: Soak a bandage in coconut oil and keep it around infected areas for sometime and wash off
- To Cure Athlete’s Foot: Wash and dry your feet and warm up the coconut oil by placing the jar over a bowl of hot water. Massage the oil to the nail for 3 to 5 times in a day.