23 Interesting facts about left handed people that you probably did not know.
Researchers have managed to discover that the brain also doesn’t function the same way that the right-handed does. In the end, left-handed people are somehow more independent due to the need to cope up with the right-handed world.
Here are the 24 truths and trivia about left-handed people you might have not known in your entire life:
1. The origin of the word ‘left’ came from the Anglo-Saxon era and it is based on the word ‘lyft’, which means broken or weak.
2. Left-handed people have the tendency to use the right part of their brain.
3. At least 5 to 10% of the world population is left-handed.
4. Left-handed people can be excellent at several sports such as tennis, swimming, boxing, baseball and the like.
5. People who are left-handed can actually see clearly underwater even more so than the right-handed people.
6. Around 40% of the most well established tennis players are left-handed.
7. Left-handed people are known to be late bloomers, which means they already reached their puberty 5 months after ‘righties’ do.
8. A study has shown that left-handed college graduates can actually make fortune that is at least 26% bigger than the right-handed people.
9. Alcohol and ‘lefties’ are tightly linked, since they have around 3% higher risk of being addicted to it.
10. In America alone, 4 out of 7 states are left-handed.
11. Animals can become left-handed as well or left-pawed to be exact.
12. Some of the longest words that you can write using your left hand are tesserae decades, sweater and dresses.
13. Left-handed individuals suffer from emotions in a different way than the right-handed people because of their ability to process information faster.
14. In addition, math runs in most of the left-handed people’s genes, and the same is true for architecture and spatial awareness.
15. August 13th is the International Left-Handers Day.
16. Left-handedness was connected to rebellion in the past, as well as neurosis, homosexuality, the devil, and criminality. On the other hand, it has been linked to creativity and musicality.
17. Insomnia is more frequent for left-handed people.
18. Statistics have shown that women who give birth in their 40s have at least 128% higher chance of giving birth to a left-handed child when compared with women who give birth in their 20s.
19. Some of the most brutal killers in human history were left-handed. For instance, the Boston Stranglers, Osama bin Laden, and Jack the Ripper.
20. If left handed people injure their dominant hand, they can actually learn to use the other quicker than of the same happens to a right-handed person, according to medical experts.
21. Left handed people are more prone to asthma and allergies than right-handed individuals.
22. Left-handedness definitely runs in the family. For an instance, Prince William, Queen Elizabeth II, Queen Mother and Prince Charles were left-handed.
23. Out of four, one of the Apollo astronauts was left-handed.