Why women should lessen eating instant ramen! Must Read!
This research has been published in The Journal of Nutrition which targets to shed the light on the complications related with the dietary habits in the entire world. Ramen in one of the most favorite foods within the Asian region and the consumption of this food is reasonably high. This research has focused on South Koreans who have been documented to have the highest per capita number of ramen consumers across the world. It has studied around 10,711 South Koreans between the ages of 19 to 64.
Even before the study has released, other sources have already mentioned that South Koreans have found a huge increase in some health problems including heart disease. There are also an increasing number of obese adults.
Why instant noodles are so unhealthy?
Most probably, you have already heard that instant ramen is the reason behind health problems. According to the research of Harvard, along with our studies, instant noodles contain the following issues:
- The noodles are made out of precooked dried noodles, seasoning oil and a flavouring powder.
- Aside of the fact that it lack of ingredients, they don’t also contain real nutrients which can improve good health just like fiber, protein, vitamins and minerals.
- Instant ramen is just a packed with saturated fat and simple carbohydrates.
- Based on a study that was made at Harvard University and Baylor University, experts have found out that consuming instant noodles regularly can cause health issues including stroke and heart disease.
- The study have also discovered that women who eat ramen are at a high risk of developing metabolic syndrome which can lead to high blood pressure and high blood sugar levels. Men, on the other hand, did not experience the similar result on their health. This is due to the biological dissimilarities between men and women.
- The scientists have found out that tertiary-butyl hydroquinone (TBHQ) is the main reason behind the metabolic syndrome.
We are all informed that instant noodles are a convenient food for a lot of people including the college students and those individuals who have less money. Sometimes, this famous food may not actually cause your frightening health issues but regular consumption of this can boost the metabolic syndrome most especially in women due to the high saturated fats, sodium and glycemic loads that it contains.