This miracle fruit can help prevent and treat diabetes and breast cancer!
Bitter Melon or also called as bitter gourd contains a huge number of health benefits which can be acquired by including this food on your daily diet.
Some of the most popular advantage of bitter melon is its capability to control diabetes, stop and lessen the symptoms of cancer and helps to improve the immune system.
Because of these reasons and some more, bitter melon has been included among the traditional cuisines around the globe.
Bitter Melon and Diabetes
Bitter melon has been known as one of the most powerful fruits in the field of managing diabetes mellitus for a few number of reasons. There are different levels of charntin, a peptide which is something that is like insulin. All of these properties can greatly affect the levels of blood sugar specially in lessening it.
It can also help in hindering unpredictable increasing and decreasing in insulin levels by simply controlling the metabolism and the utilization of sugar that the body has consumed in food.
Bitter Melon and Breast Cancer
Bitter melon contains an antioxidant that can help in finding out and neutralizing free radicals cell that can lead to various diseases which includes some forms of cancer.
It is known worldwide for its anti-tumor and anti-carcinogenic components. As a matter of fact, experts have suggested to consume bitter melon regularly in order to lessen the tumor growth for cervical, prostate, and breast cancer patients.
How to prepare your own Bitter Melon Recipe
In order to get rid of its bitter taste you have to train your taste buds. Bitter melon is nearly said to be not safe as a food due to its raw state but its strong flavor can be changed with the help of some simple steps on choosing and preparing the gourds.
Preparing Bitter Melon
- You don’t have to peel the bitter melon. Just wash it well in order to remove the dirt and dry parts.
- Slice it in half lengthwise and utilize a spoon to get rid of the seeds and also to scrape the inner white pile.
- Cut it crosswise at 1/4 angle thickness and put inside a bowl. Pour out fresh water and add at least 2 or 3 tablespoons of rocky salt. Leave it for a couple of minutes and don’t forget to strain before finally cooking it.
Bitter Melon with Egg and Tomatoes Recipe
To be honest, there is no other way to remove the puckery flavor completely but don’t let that discourage you. Although it actually taste weird but on the other side you might find it delicious just like the other vegetables that you usually it. This recipe is derived from the Philippines and can be easily done.
- 2 Bitter Melon
- 1 sliced thin small onion
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 2 chopped plum or roma tomatoes
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- Rocky salt
- Cooking oil
- Drain the slices of bitter melon and put in a large pan and pour out some cold water to cover. Put in a medium heat and let it boil for a few minutes. Drain slices in a colander and set aside.
- Place the pan in the burner again and heat with a tablespoon of cooking oil. Add both of onion and garlic then stir fry until it turn to slightly brown. Mix the chopped tomatoes and continue stir frying until it all begin to break down. Pour a cup of water and a tablespoon of salt and lower the heat.
- Mix in it the bitter melon slices then stir well until the liquid comes out. Put the beaten egg over the vegetables and rapidly mix them all together until the egg is cooked and started to look fluffy. Leave it until the slices of bitter melon becomes tender but remains a little firm to the bite. Serve it with steamed rice.