How to Get Rid of Forehead Acne: Home Remedies
Have you ever wondered as to why some of us get acne on the forehead? The zits appear, disappear and again re-appear! Well, according to ancient Chinese medicinal studies, there are various points located in our face which is connected to our internal system and any abnormalities internally show up on the face externally in the form of acne and acne spots. So in case of forehead acne the root cause is a disorder in our digestive system.
There are various other factors too such as dandruff, oily scalp, stress, hormonal imbalance, over scrubbing of the skin that can influence the oil glands in the T-zone area of the face which results in the acne breakouts. While the internal abnormalities can easily be worked on with regular intake of healthy balanced diet, exercises and by drinking sufficient water, the external appearance of the forehead acne can be taken care of by following the natural remedies stated below:
Natural Remedies to get rid of forehead acne
- Lemon juice for forehead acne: Lemon due to its acidic nature acts as an antiseptic and kills off the bacteria surrounding the acne prone skin. Its astringent properties also help to reduce the oil formation on the skin particularly the forehead acne. A few drops in the night helps in treating the forehead acne. For a very sensitive skin, mix some rosewater to the lemon juice.
- Tea tree oil: A very effective treatment to get rid of acne from the forehead, tea tree oil antibiotic property (terpinen-4-ol) helps to get rid of bacteria around acne & prevent it from further burst outs. Just take a wet cotton pad, squeeze off the excess water from the cotton pad & put two drops of tea tree oil over it and apply on the affected areas to get rid of acne.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera’s anti-inflammatory properties helps to control the skin inflammation caused to sebaceous glands and hair follicles of the skin which further result in acne breakouts. Extract the aloe vera gel from breaking off a leaf of aloe vera & apply it on the forehead pimples.
- Neem oil: Due to its antibacterial and anti viral properties, neem oil is quite beneficial in removing the pimples from the forehead. Even the toothpaste that contains neem as an ingredient can be applied on the forehead acne.
- Witch hazel: An anti-inflammatory ingredient that works like water to the skin. One can use it in the form of astringent to cleanse up the acne & the acne marks. Just dab some drops in cotton ball and spread it on the affected area. It dries up the active acne without drying the skin!
- Pepper mint: The content of menthol works on a pimple prone forehead/acne in general. Grind the leaves to form a paste and apply it on the pimples and after 10 -15 minutes, wash off! [read more: Mint leaves for acne]
Some more home remedies for forehead acne:
- Apply coriander juice along with a pinch of turmeric or a mint juice on the night and wash off in the morning for a refreshing, pimple free look.
- Drinking wheat grass juice regularly helps to purify the blood and removes the toxins in the body and thus gives better results to eradicate the forehead acne.
- Apply toothpaste on the pimples and wash off after 10 minutes.
- Apply a mixture of gram flour and raw milk on the forehead region to get rid of acne and the acne scars.
- A face pack of honey and cinnamon powder applied and kept overnight can do wonders to the skin especially the forehead pimples.
- Mix olive oil and salt together and apply on the affected areas of the forehead. It really works!
- Apply sufficient quantity of cooked & cooled oatmeal along with honey on the forehead and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Once it gets dried, wash off with tepid water. Even yogurt can be added to the given face pack.
- Apply a small amount of rubbing alcohol on the forehead pimples to disguise the pimples.
- Apply a face pack of baking soda and water to treat the forehead pimples.
Keep your hands and hair off from your face and stay stress free as this too shall pass!