Homemade Remedies for Greasy Oily Hair
While you desire silky bouncy hair and try some new hairstyles but your hair sticks to your head and fails to conform to whatever style you’re trying. Many of us have this very same problem – Greasy Oily Hair. Problem is that the oily hair gets messy very soon after you end up washing your hair as it attracts dust and dirt, and so need frequent washing.
If you are one of those sufferer of greasy oily hair, we have some amazingly effective home remedies for you. But before we check those easily available natural ingredients for your oily hair, let’s have a quick glance on why does hair get greasy? read on..
Why Does Hair Get Greasy?
Some people get overactive sebaceous glands, the small glands which produce wax /oil (sebum), on their entire skin region, and more on the face and the scalp. It is the sebum which makes the hair look limp and greasy. The hereditary factors, unhealthy diet, weather conditions, hormonal changes during menopause and puberty; can make the hair look more greasy/ oily.
Home Remedies for Greasy Oily Hair
Home Remedy for Oily Hair #1:
Mix 2 egg yolks, 2 tbsp lemon juice and apply on washed hair, wait for 5 minutes & rinse! It is one of the most effective home remedies for oily hair.
Home Remedy for Oily Hair #2:
Rinse the hair with lemon extract: Just pour the extracts of two lemons into two cups of water and massage it in the scalp after you have washed and dried your hair. Leave the solution for 5 minutes to absorb and rinse.
Home Remedy for Oily Hair #3:
Take 1egg yolk, 3 tbsp henna, 1tbsp of olive oil, 2tbsp honey and mix well, apply the mixed ingredients to your hair & let it stay for 15 minutes. Wash your hair with mild shampoo and conditioner to get rid of greasy oily hair.
Home Remedy for Oily Hair #4:
Apply henna once a week or twice a week on your hair. It acts as a good conditioner and can also dry out the oily scalp.
Home Remedy for Oily Hair #5:
In your hair packs, add few drops of tree tea oil to clean up your scalp. You can also add few drops of it with shampoo for a good hair wash
Home Remedy for Oily Hair #6:
Boil 2 glasses of water with handful of mint leaves for 15-20 minutes. Mix this decoction along with your shampoo. Mint leaves have excellent astringent properties which controls the excessive oil that the hair produces.
Some Tips to Avoid Greasy/ Oily Hair:
- Washing your hair: Wash your hair regularly and if you have extra greasy hair, you may wash it daily to stripe out the excessive oil.
- Washing it thoroughly: Make sure to wash the hair thoroughly as any leftover shampoo residue will attract more oil and further make it prone to dirt and dust.
- Avoid styling products: avoid using any styling products like gels/ dyes etc as they damage the hair further
- Avoid over brushing: Over brushing can stimulate oil glands and which in turn will make your hair look oily and greasy.
- Do not wash your hair with hot water: Avoid rinsing your hair with hot water as it damages off the natural oils from the scalp and your scalp will refill them quickly and will make your hair appear greasy
Hope these home remedies will help you to treat your greasy oily hair.
(Images via: sxc.hu)