Effective Face Masks for Acne
Acne is one of the major concerns among teens. There are many skincare creams and ointments available in market to treat acne, but they need a long term use and sometimes they make the condition even worse. On the other hand, natural ingredients and home remedies are safe and benefit in many ways besides treating acne and pimples. Let us have a look to some easy homemade face masks that have magical powers to heal and prevent acne effectively.
Formation of Acne
Acne is a small protrusions or skin extensions formed on face due to clogged pores of sebaceous glands. Excess secretion of sebum results in clogging of pores which finally causes acne with further invasion of bacteria from dust. Sebaceous gland became more active during teenage and secrete excess sebum. In general they help to maintain oil balance of the skin but in excess leads to acne. Acne are more common in oily skin types.
What Causes Acne?
There could be various factors that can cause acne, these are some of the most common causes of acne.
- Hormonal Imbalance
- Poor hygiene leading to bacterial invasion
- Dead cells accumulation
- Long exposure to pollution
- Some skincare products which are not suitable for your skin
- Junk/oily food
- Fail to remove make up at night.
- Some medicine used in treatment of epilepsy
Preventive Measures for Acne
We Know prevention is better than cure. Here are some effective ways to prevent Acne:
- Good lifestyle including great personal care and dietary habits
- Timely washing of face (2-3 times a day is preferred)
- Cleansing, exfoliating and toning of cause which removes dirt
- Use Natural and organic beauty products
- Moisturize the face daily
- Daily exercise and yoga for good health
- Regular washing of pillow covers and towels.
Homemade Face Masks for Acne
Blow off acne with these simple and easy homemade remedies and witness an acne free healthy glowing face.
1. Sugar Scrub
With its mild exfoliating property, sugar helps in shrugging off acne with less effort. Sugar used in many skin treatments for healthy and glowing skin.
- Sugar and honey make best combination to treat pimples. Take 2 teaspoons of sugar and mix it with one spoon of honey. Apply all over the face and scrub gently in circular motion with figure tips. Rinse off after 20 minutes.
2. Neem face pack
Neem is known as “Mother Nature’s Drugstore”, as every part of it has been used in ayurvedic treatment to cure ailments since ages. Neem has antibacterial, blood purifying and astringent properties which make it as most effective home remedy to fade acne in less time. You can read more benefits and uses of neem here.
- Grind neem leaves along with little lemon juice. Spread this paste on face and wash it after drying.
- Grind neem leaves and add fullers earth, turmeric and raw milk to the paste to form a smooth paste. Apply it on face and rinse it off after 20 minutes.
3. Cinnamon Face Pack
Besides the health benefits of cinnamon, it shows anti microbial nature which is useful for treating acne. It fights against acne and gives flawless face.
- Take few pieces of cinnamon and grind into fine powder. To it add one teaspoon of honey and besan flour. Stir well to form thick paste and apply it on face. Wash off with water after 20 mins.
4. Orange peel mask
Not only the orange juice is good for health but also the orange peel has amazing benefits for skincare. Due to rich in Vitamin C and citric acid orange peel is widely used in beauty treatments to get rid off of acne.
- Grind few pieces of orange peel fresh or dried, to form thin paste. Now to it add honey or rose water and apply it on face. Rinse it off after 15 minutes. Repeat this atleast twice a week for radiant and glowing skin.
- Squeeze juice from the orange and mix honey or rose water. Spread this on face and allowed to dry for 15 minutes before washing it with water.
5. Potato face pack
Potatoes are not only useful in reducing dark circles and puffiness of eyes but also help in fading of acne and blemishes. Regular application of this pack gives visible effect in short time. You can read here more Benefits of potato for skin.
- Potatoes cut in thin slices can be directly applied on acne, potato absorbs excess oil, sebum and dirt which open pores and gives radiant face.
- Grate it and squeeze juice, which is applied on face for healthy and glowing face.
6. Besan flour and curd face pack
Besan acts as mild exfoliant and help in removing dirt and excess sebum cleaning pores. Curd is a natural moisturizer and good toner for face. Combination of this two helps in treating pimples and improving skin elegance.
- Mix 2 table spoons of besan flour with sufficient amount of curd to form thick paste. Apply this on face and pat it to dry completely. Then dampen with little water.
7. Lemon face mask
Being rich in Vitamin C and citric acid, they make good way in treating acne along with relishing the skin. Lemon peels and Juice are used for removing acne.
- Lemon and honey makes good combination for treating acne, tan and other blemishes. Lemon acts as natural bleach which helps you to get rid off of scars and blemishes along with honey moisturizing effect.
- Add one teaspoon of lemon juice to baking soda and apply it on face only for little time as excess causes skin dryness. Wash off with water after 5 minutes followed by good moisturizer immediately.
- Cinnamon powder is mixed with one teaspoon of lemon juice to form smooth paste. This is applied on face or acne and allowed to dry for 15 minutes before washing it off.
8. Honey face mask
Name alone makes mellowing in mouth. Honey is a good moisturizer, shows anti microbial action and helps in skin healing. With all these honey makes most important place in skin treatments along with acne removal. It is widely used as it is compatible with all skin types. Say hello to fresh and glowing face by mixing honey with lemon, cinnamon powder, oatmeal and neem leaves.
- Honey works magical, if you apply it on acne and allowed to dry for an hour. Then rinse it with water and say good bye to acne by following it frequently.
9. Aloe vera face mask
- Rub aloe vera on acne, it helps in removing excess oil from the face giving smooth and healthy skin. Regular application gives good results in less time.
10. Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar regulates the ph of the skin and makes you free from dotting acne on the face.
- Dilute apple cider vinegar with one cup of water. Dip some cotton swab and apply on the acne and allwed to stay overnight. Repeat it for few days for effective results.
- One tea spoon of apple cider vinegar is mixed with 2 teaspoons of green tea honey. Mix well and spread it on face using cotton swab to form even layer. Leave it for 10 minutes and rinse with water.