Benefits of Papaya for Skin Care
Along with numerous health benefits that papaya offers upon consumption, it is one of the popular ingredients used in manufacturing of cosmetics. The external application of papaya pulp remove the dead cells from the skin, enhancing skin tone and texture. The papaya enzymes with medicinal and curative properties heal the skin of sunburns and acts as an excellent softener to irritated skin affected with acne. Let us have a look on few papaya face masks and some tips and benefits of papaya fruit for skin.
How to Use Papaya for Skin?
- Apply fine paste of raw papaya on the face and allow it to stay for 20-25 minutes. This application gets rid of the pimples and its mark or any other blemishes from the skin.
- The peel of Papaya, due to its anti-oxidant element, helps in smoothing off the wrinkles and other signs of aging. Simply rub the peel, leave it on skin for five minutes, and wash it off. As it has high Alfa-Hydroxyl Acid content, regular application should be avoided.
- Papaya peel can be used to enhance the skin colour of the legs too!
- An enzyme called papain (exfoliation property), found in papaya, helps in removal of dead skin and other skin impurities. The low sodium property of Papaya leaves the skin well hydrated.
- To cure cracked sore heels, simply mash the papaya and apply it on the cracked areas of heels before rinsing it off after few minutes.
- For dry skin problems, apply mashed papaya along with one tbsp of milk cream. Leave it for 20 minutes and rinse.
- To hydrated skin effectively, mix papaya with honey & apply on the skin.
- Ringworms can effectively be treated with raw papaya. A paste of dried seeds of papaya or the slices of papaya itself can be applied on the ringworm patches for its elimination.
- To tighten up the saggy skin, mix papaya pulp, honey, and rice flour, apply the mask to the face & allow it to dry. This procedure can be done thrice a week.
- For removal of skin tan/sun burn, cleanse your face first and then make a thick mixture of papaya pulp, yogurt, honey, lemon juice and egg white. Apply this mask to the face and set it off after 15-20 minutes. Later, rinse off with lukewarm water.This is one of the most effective face mask for skin tan.
- For pimple prone skin, prepare a mask of grated papaya in vinegar & apply. It is also effective for age/liver spots.
- Papaya also works as natural exfoliant. To make an ideal body scrub, mash raw papaya & mix it with honey, salt spa, olive oil and use it to scrub off dead skin.
So, these are some effective methods to use papaya for a multitude of skin benefits. Opt few of the above mentioned papaya masks and get a scintillating effect on your skin.