Uses of Cucumber for Skin
‘As cool as cucumber’ is an idiom that associates cucumber with coolness, and the reason being, its higher water content (around 90%) which makes it a perfect coolant to the body. Often used in salad dressings, it can also be seen resting over the eyes of the people in spas and saloons. Due to its astringent and toning properties, it acts wonderfully to remove any puffiness or weariness to the eyes. However, there are many more benefits that cucumber can provide to the skin. Just a simple application of cucumber juice to the skin can tone up the skin to make it look radiant to the core. Read on to know how cucumber can benefits your skin…
Uses and Benefits of Cucumber for Skin:
- Chilled slices of cucumber help lighten the skin and impart a soothing, refreshingly cool sensation after a stressful day at work.
- Applying a mixture of lime juice, lanolin cream and cucumber juice under eyes for about 15 minutes is a proven home remedy for dark circles.
- To make your lips red, blend 10 ml cucumber juice with 10 ml carrot juice and 5ml honey & apply it on your lips daily.
- For oily skin: Mix ½ tsp cucumber juice and ½ tsp fresh lemon juice. Splash it on your face; leave it for half an hour and rinse to get a radiant skin.
- For your eyes: Simply keep the two slices on your eyes and relax. It soothes out the tissues and reduces any kind of puffiness in and around eyes.
- Place a strip of cucumber peel on your forehead for a quick heat reduction skin therapy.
- Mix two tbsp of cucumber juice with two tbsp of curd to get the glow back on your face
- Cleanse your skin by mixing two tsp of milk with 2 tsp of cucumber juice.
- To remove the tan around underarms: mix half cup of cucumber juice with 2 tsp of lemon juice and a pinch of turmeric. Apply and wait for 20 minutes to wash. This should be applied daily.
- To soften and whiten the skin, mix cucumber juice with aloe vera or rose water and apply over the skin.
- Prepare a concoction of one egg white, 1 lemon juice, 1 full cucumber extracts, and 1 tsp of mint. Keep it in the refrigerator for 10 minutes; apply on your skin and wait for 15 minutes. This mask is used to keep the skin oil free.
Enjoy these wonderful benefits of cucumber for skin!