Benefits of Coconut Milk for Skin
We are always in lookout for some skincare products that can either remove a tan or bring a glow to our face. And with so many skin care products available, we stand perplexed. But in our granny kitchen, there are many natural ingredients that can do wonders to the skin, with coconut milk being the one which truly works great for skin care.
Coconut milk can be obtained from the coconut flakes (Inner portion of the tender coconut). Just grate the flesh of the coconut, soak it in hot water and squeeze out the milk by keeping it in cheese cloth or a thin mesh strainer. This can be done 2-3 times for thick and thin liquids. But in case you are planning to buy the coconut milk for skin then make sure you buy a pure form with no preservatives.
Note: Coconut milk needs to be refrigerated immediately to prevent it from spoiling.
The Uses of Coconut Milk on Skin:
- Coconut Milk for Sensitive Skin: Even for very ultra sensitive skins, the coconut milk has proved to be very useful as it has fatty acids, an mild antiseptic that cleanses impurities.
- Coconut Milk for Dry/Acne skin: Coconut also has an antioxidant (Omega 3 oil) and antibacterial properties. For the dry skin, it provides with the moisturizing effect and its antibacterial element has greater effect to the skin with impurities.
- Coconut Milk for Tanned Skin: The coconut milk is extremely high on fat, which in turn helps remove tanning and hydrates the skin.
Some Tips to Use Coconut Milk for Skin:
- Coconut bath: In the bath tub, filled with lukewarm water, add ½ cup of coconut milk along with few drops of your favorite oils. Stay in the water for 20-30 minutes for soft and supple skin.
- Remove make up: Blend one part of coconut with two parts of olive oil and use it gently to remove eye makeup and at the same time to moisturize the most sensitive area of the face.
- Moisturize the skin in winter: During winters skin really gets very dry and stretchy, so to avoid this, just add equal portion of coconut milk and honey along with two drops of almond oil (for extra dryness), apply it on your face and after 15- 20 minutes, wash off
- Smooth out those wrinkles: Keep 6-8 almonds soaked in water overnight. Peel it off and grind it to smooth paste. Take vitamin E oil from its 2-3 capsules. Make a concoction by mixing few drops of coconut milk and vitamin E oil to the almond paste. This homemade wrinkle cream can be applied overnight and washed off in the morning. (Check some more home remedies to get rid of wrinkles naturally)
The Benefits with the Coconut Milk Effect:
- The very application of coconut milk prevents skin infection.
- The symptoms connected with eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis are fairly reduced.
- Improves the skin complexion.
- Smooth outs the dry skin and prevents flaking.
- Iron out the wrinkles and removes blemishes
- Prevents sun burn
Connect with the coconut milk and smooth out all the worries associated with the skin care products.