Amazing exercises that will surely help get rid of lower back pain.
Most problems of the people nowadays is the contraction or irritation of their sciatic nerve which makes them suffer from severe back pain and said to have sciatica. It is a fairly common disorder, approximately 40% of the population experiences it at some point of their lives. Luckily, this pain can be relieved with the use of practical and easy steps exercises.
Symptoms of Sciatica and back pain can be reduce by doing the following:
- Maintaining a proper and correct posture (while sitting or standing)
- Making use of a correct lifting technique
- Configuring a car driving position which supports the lower back
- Complete hours of sleep and correct position while sleeping on a firm mattress
- Daily exercises will indeed maintain good back muscles
1. Knee to chest stretch– You need to start this exercise by lying on your back. After which, bend your knees at 90 degree and place your feet flat on the floor. Then you’ll be wrapping both or your hands around one of your knee. Afterwards, pull gently into your chest and try to hold this position for about 20-30 seconds. Then switch to the other leg and do it one more time.
2. Gluteal stretch – You should start just like the previous exercise. You need to lift your leg up and rest the ankle on the right thigh. Before you pull it towards you for 20-30 seconds, you need to hook both of your hands around the right thigh. After doing that, you need to relax. This needs to be repeated 3 times. Then, you should continue this exercise with the other leg.
3. Knee lifts – Again, start with the same position and lay your arms flat by your sides. In order to successfully do this exercise, you need to keep your lower back flat to the ground and lift your legs until the heels are around a foot off the ground. Then, try and lower them again in a controlled fashion. This exercise needs to be repeated 5 times.
4. Hamstring stretch – You should start this exercise by sitting on the floor with your back straight and your legs outstretched. You should breathe in and while exhaling, lean forwards rotating from the hips and try reaching for the toes with your hands. You need to be able to keep your back straight. Think about pushing your collarbone towards your feet rather than slumping. Try to hold this position for about 20-30 seconds. Then you can sit back up.
5. Back extensions – Start this exercise by lying face down, with the flat of the feet against the floor. Continue the exercise by resting your forearms on the ground. Your elbows need to be alongside your body and your fingertips at about eye level. In order to arch your back, push down on your hands. Hold this position for about 5-10 seconds and then lower the back to the ground. This procedure needs to be repeated 10 times.
6. Piriformis stretch – With this exercise you are targeting the hip rotators. Start this exercise by lying on your back with the knees bent. You need to bend your knees by bringing your heels toward your buttocks. The next step is to cross one leg over the other and rest your ankle. Use your muscles to bring the knee out. Aim for a light stretch in the hip area. It is important to not overdo it. When you feel a light stretch, stay in that position for about 20 seconds. You also need to switch to the other side and hold that position for about 20 seconds. If you want to get a deeper stretch, push your leg out more.