10 DIY Face Packs and Home Remedies for Skin Lightening
We, women keep hunting ways to make our face bright and improve skin complexion. There are several options available in market from skin brightening treatments to cosmetic products which claim to make your face bright and glowing. But most of these treatments and products cause side effects and make use of harsh chemicals which may give you instant fairness but on long run leaves your skin damaged and tanned. Nothing can beat use of natural face packs which give you radiant and brighter skin on constant use naturally without any skin damage. Let us check some of the most effective skin whitening homemade face masks.
DIY Face Masks and Home Remedies for Skin Whitening
DIY face masks with common ingredients available at market can make your face glow and radiant when used regularly. Here are some most popular face masks.
1. Almond face Pack
Almonds are rich in vitamin A E and B which acts as natural antioxidants for nourishing skin. The anti inflammatory properties help in soothing skin infections and act a natural moisturizer which helps to fade dark circles. Almond also helps in protecting skin from sunlight and harmful UV rays.
- Almonds and Banana make good combination for skin whitening. Bananas rich in Vitamin C and B6 helps in collagen production and maintains elasticity and suppleness of the skin. Soak almonds overnight and grind it to coarse mixture. Mash a ripen banana and add it to the almond mixture. Mix well and apply on the face evenly and allow to dry for 20 minutes. Rinse it off with water.
- Yogurt acts a natural bleaching agent. Add 2 spoons of yogurt to the almond mixture and mix it thoroughly. Apply this smooth paste on the face and allow to dry for 15 minutes before rinsing it off.
Alternatively almond oil can also be used. It acts as natural moisturizer and nourishes skin.
2. Banana Face Mask
Banana being rich in Vitamin C and B6 helps in collagen production and maintains skin elasticity. Banana also helps in nourishing skin and gives rejuvenating effect. Being rich on essential vitamins and minerals it helps to get rid of blemishes, dark spots and scars leaving your skin smooth and supple.
- Mash ripen banana and add one egg white and one tea spoon yogurt to it. Mix well into smooth constituency and apply onto face evenly. Allow it to dry for 20 minutes and rinse it off with water.
- Lemon Juice and honey are added to ripen banana paste to form smooth paste. Apply evenly on face and allow to dry for 15 minutes before washing. Lemon juice is natural bleaching agent and honey helps in moisturizing skin.
3. Potato Face mask
Potato juice or pulp is used for skin lightening since ages as it acts as natural skin whitening agent and also helps in removing blemishes and nourishes skin. Potatoes contain vitamin C which is a effective natural remedy for hyper pigmentation and dark spots on face. Read here more benefits of potato for skin.
- Grate potato and apply it on face and allow to dry for 30 minutes before rinsing it with water. You can find the difference in face when used on regular basis.
- Lemon is a natural bleaching agent. Potato juice and Lemon juice are mixed and applied on the face for 30 minutes before cleansing with water. This pack shows visible effects in less time as it removes tan and improves skin complexion.
- Oatmeal can also added to potato juice which acts as natural exfoliator and removes dead skin cell.
4. Tomato Face Pack
Tomatoes are most common ingredients found in kitchen around the world. The lycopene present in them acts as a natural sunscreen and protects the skin from sunburns. The natural astringent properties of the tomatoes helps in reducing the pre size and removes excess oil from the skin leaving your face smooth and supple. Tomatoes rejuvenate the face and enhance the skin tone naturally.
- Mash tomato and apply juice on the face in thin layer and wash it off after 15 minutes.
- Tomato juice along with cucumber juice makes a great combination for whitening skin naturally. Grate cucumber and add its juice to 2 table spoons of tomato juice or paste and mix well. Apply the paste on face and let it stay for 20 minutes before washing off with water. Cucumber juice acts a natural remedy for improving skin complexion by removing blemishes and scars.
- Take 2 spoons of tomato juice and yogurt. Mix well and apply this paste on face and allowed to dry for 20 minutes. Rinse it off with water.
- Blend ripen tomato, honey and lemon juice into thin paste and apply it to face. Leave it for 20 minutes and wash it off with water. This pack acts as a natural cleanser and lightens the skin tone. Honey helps in removing dirt and gives face an instant glow.
5. Papaya face Pack
Papaya is one of the leading ingredients used for skin whitening. It is also widely used in skin whitening products. It contains a natural enzyme “ papain” which helps in promoting skin renewal and cell number along with skin lightening .It helps in providing natural face lift and brings rejuvenation adding natural glow to the skin. Papaya being rich in vitamins A. E and C and other anti oxidants which help in maintain moisture of the skin.
- Blend ripen papaya into smooth paste and apply it on face and leave it for 20 minutes. Wash it off with luke warm water.
- Blend ripen papaya along with one table spoon of honey and lemon juice to smooth paste and applied to skin for 15 minutes and then wash off. Constant use of this pack brightens the skin naturally and gives extra glow to the skin.
Add papaya into your daily diet which helps you in aiding skin whitening and overall skin health.
6. Aloe vera Face Mask
Aloe vera is a store house of minerals, nutrients and other useful compounds like polysaccharides and lectin which helps and maintains skin health. Its anti inflammatory properties and anti microbial action help in soothing effect and skin repair. It is known to retain skin firmness and elasticity making it ideal in skin ageing creams. Due to its excellent moisturizing property, it rejuvenates skin and add radiance to the skin.
- Scrap aloe vera gel from its leaves and blend it with turmeric and rose water to thick paste and then applied on face. Rest it for 15 minutes and then was it off with water. This pack is excellent for oily skin, prone to acne. Turmeric along with rose water is very effective in imparting instant radiance to the face.
7. Orange Peel Face Pack
Orange peel is rich in Vitamin C and calcium which helps in neutralizing skin and protects the skin from harmful free radicals.The natural bleaching property helps in removing dark patches, scars and blemishes and sun tan leaving skin smooth and flawless. It also helps in enhancing skin tone naturally and lightens the skin.
- Dry orange peel powder is available in market or can be prepared at home by grinding the orange peels kept in sun light for 3-4 days. Mix orange peel powder and sandalwood powder in a bowl and add little water to make it into thick paste and is applied on face in circular motion. Leave it for 15 minutes and wash it off.
- Mix yogurt to little orange peel powder to form thick paste. Apply this on face and allow to dry for 20 minutes before rinsing it off with water.
8. Turmeric Face Pack
Turmeric is used for skin treatment from ancient times. It acts as a natural remedy for nourishing dry skin and removes dead cells from the skin. It is a natural antiseptic which protects the skin from various infections.
- One table spoon of turmeric powder and 2 table spoons of tomato juice is taken and mixed well. Apply this paste onto face and leave for 15 minutes before rinsing it off. This mask gives desired results on constant use.
- Mix one table spoon of yoghurt with little turmeric powder to form thin paste and then applied on face evenly. Allow to dry for 15 minutes before washing it with water. This pack is ideal for all skin types to lighten the skin.
9. Gram Flour Face Pack
Gram flour is best remedy for improving skin fairness and aids in removing dead cells due to its exfoliation properties. It is useful to remove dark patches and sun tan keeping your face radiant and glowing.
- Make a thick paste by mixing gram flour and malai or curd. Apply this on face in form of thin layer and allowed to dry for 15 minutes. Rinse it off with water.
- Mix one table spoon of gram flour, lemon juice and turmeric in a bowl. Add required amount of rose water to make into a paste. Apply on face and wash it off after 20 minutes. This homemade natural remedy gives good results for fairer and glowing face.
10. Strawberry Face Pack:
Strawberries are not only good for health but also nourish and lighten your skin complexion. It add youthful glow and radiance to your face. Strawberry juice contains ellagic acid which is useful for treating acne and pimples. It helps in reducing skin damage caused by harmful UV radiation and nourishes the skin. Vitamin C and Folic acid helps in regeneration of new skin cells and aids in production of collagen which maintains skin elasticity.
- Mash 2 ripen strawberries and add enough milk to form a smooth paste. Apply this on face and let it dry for 20 minutes. Wash it off with water. This homemade face pack lightens the skin and enhances skin tone.
- About 4 strawberries are crushed and mashed in a bowl and add 2 spoons of honey. Mix well and apply on the face and allowed to dry for 15 minutes. Rinse it off with water.
Some simple tips for skin lightening
In addition to above home remedies and face masks for skin whitening, consider these tips.
- Wash your face frequently (2-3 times a day) to remove excess dirt.
- Protect face from direct sunlight using sunscreens.
- Eat plenty of fruits and a healthy diet
- Exercise regularly for health fitness
- Avoid using bleach containing harmful chemicals
- Scrub and moisturize the face regularly.